This research is investigating a streamlined approach to identifying adults suited to orthopedic musculoskeletal physiotherapy of the neck acutely following concussion.
Study recruitment will begin on the 17th of July.
You may be able to participate if:
- You are aged 18-60
- Have had a concussion in the last 14 days that has been diagnosed by your doctor
- Have no health conditions like neck pain, or balance disturbance.
If you are interested to participate you will:
- complete some questionnaires online (approx. 20 minutes)
- attend the school of physiotherapy for an assessment which uses the screening tool (approx. 1.25 hours).
If the screening tool identifies you as suited to musculoskeletal physiotherapy:
- you will be offered a series of 8 treatments (1/2 to 1 hour per session) over 4 weeks. All treatment costs will be covered
- You will then be asked to come back 1 week and 3 months after your treatment for re-assessment (2 x 1.25 hours).
Detailed information on the study is available via our participant information sheet.
To recognize the actual or reasonable costs involved with participating in this project, a $40 voucher is provided for each assessment you attend. You will also be provided with a brief report on your assessment results.
Interested in our study? Like more details? Read more about the study and eligibility.
email@example.com or 021 279 0133
Dr Olivia Galea, 03 479 7222,
Ethics number: H23/022