Postgraduate students from around the world choose to study at Otago because of our reputation for excellence in research and teaching, world class facilities and Dunedin's unrivalled lifestyle. At Otago we take great pride in supporting the success of our postgraduate students.
The School of Physical Education, Sport and Exercise Sciences provides the best environment for postgraduate students. Support networks exist for Māori and Pacific Island students and unparalleled technical support is available to all students to enable them to successfully complete their research.
Dunedin's campus is both beautiful and historic, offering a friendly atmosphere within which to study.
- Bachelor of Science with Honours (BSc(Hons)) in Sport, Exercise and Health
- Postgraduate Diploma in Science (PGDipSc) in Sport, Exercise and Health
- Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Development and Management (PGDipSpDM)
- Master of Science (MSc) in Sport, Exercise and Health
- Master of Sport Development and Management (MSpDM)
400-level module options
If you enrol in SPEX 440, 441, 450, 451, 460, or 461 you will need to select two modules for each paper enrolled in.
1) Choose from the module selection document
2) Contact the co-ordinator by email for approval
3) Complete the template of selection made
* Please note module options are subject to change and confirmation.
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
Prospective PhD students, both national and international, are eligible to apply for a 3-year University of Otago PhD scholarship worth $25,000 plus tuition fee waiver. Otago also offers a range of Master's scholarships, as well as international travel grants.
if you have any queries, please email the Postgraduate Co-ordinator:
For any questions in regards to living and studying in New Zealand, feel free to make contact with our student representatives, who may assist in any student queries from their perspectives: