Postgraduate students from around the world choose to study at Otago because of our reputation for excellence in research and teaching, world class facilities and Dunedin’s unrivalled lifestyle. At Otago we take great pride in supporting the success of our postgraduate students.
The School of Physical Education, Sport and Exercise Sciences provides the best environment for postgraduate students. Support networks exist for Māori and Pacific Island students and unparalleled technical support is available to all students to enable them to successfully complete their research.
Dunedin’s campus is both beautiful and historic, offering a friendly atmosphere within which to study.
New Postgraduate Degrees for 2019 and beyond
- BSc (Hons) Sport, Exercise & Health
- PGDipSc Sport, Exercise & Health
- PGDipSpDM Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Development and Management
- MSc Sport, Exercise & Health
- MSpDM Master of Sport Development and Management
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
Prospective PhD students, both national and international, are eligible to apply for a 3-year University of Otago PhD scholarship worth $25,000 plus tuition fee waiver. Otago also offers a range of Master’s scholarships, as well as international travel grants.
Apply for a University of Otago PhD scholarship.
No longer offered from 2019
- Master of Physical Education (MPhEd)
- Master of Dance Studies (MDanceSt)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Physical Education (PGDipPE)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Outdoor Education (PGDipOE)