The Wednesday JP services will resume at the Central library from next week 3 June between 9am – 3pm.
If you require the services of a JP please contact:
Tel 0800 80 80 98
You can also search for a community JP to arrange individual appointments.
Find a community JP
What is a Justice of Peace (JP)?
A JP is a member of the community appointed by the Governor-General to meet the needs of their community. They are “people of good standing in the community (which is not to be identified with material prosperity), who are respected as persons of good sense, character and integrity". Their work is an unpaid service not connected with their employment.
What to do if you need a JP
For JP enquires on the University of Otago Campus, please contact:
More information on JPs in Dunedin:
- Wednesday JP service list
- University of Otago Staff Justices of the Peace (JP) (PDF)
- JPs in the community are listed in the yellow pages
- On most Wednesdays from 9am to 3pm:
There is a JP service in the Information Services Building, in the AskOtago space. There is no need to make an appointment. Refer to the Wednesday JP Service List for dates.
- View the times Community JP's offer their services
Citizens Advice Bureau
Rodgers House, Ground Floor 155 Princes St, Dunedin 9016
JP clinic Saturdays 10am–12pm
Tel +64 3 471 6166
- Friday morning JP service (10am–12.30pm) at the Dunedin Public Library in Moray Place
- Tuesday JP service in Dunedin (11am to 1pm) at South Dunedin Community Pop –up at 199 Hillside road, Dunedin.
Wellington Campus students
Christine Groves is available for JP Services.
To make an appointment, please contact: