The Sir Thomas Sidey Postdoctoral Fellowships are intended to support outstanding graduates who have recently completed a degree at doctoral level to undertake a postdoctoral fellowship in the Sir John Walsh Research Institute. Their purpose is to attract or retain candidates of the highest calibre to undertake research and teaching in the Faculty of Dentistry.
Deadline: Thursday 22 March 2018, 1pm
For all postgraduate enquiries contact us by email at:
SJWRI PhD Scholarship (closes 28 Feb)
The SJWRI PhD Scholarship is a prestigious award to support doctoral research in the Sir John Walsh Research Institute. The Scholarship consists of a NZ$20,000 stipend per annum for three years (if full-time) plus domestic tuition fees for 36 months (excludes student services fee and insurance).
The primary supervisor of the successful applicant will also receive a NZ$3,000 project seeding grant to cover initial research expenses.
Deadline: Wednesday 28 February 2018, 1pm
University of Otago:
- Postgraduate study
- PhD apply for study
- Postgraduate study in the Faculty of Dentistry
- Master of Community Dentistry (MComDent)
- Faculty of Dentistry scholarships
- The Otago Post (Postgraduate newsletter)
Postgraduate students' research
Postgraduate students conduct a wide range of research within the Sir John Walsh Research Institute.
- Biomechanics and oral implantology students
- Craniofacial biology and clinical oral physiology doctoral students
- Molecular microbiology students
Support and information for students:
- University of Otago website
- Faculty of Dentistry website
- Māori studying Health Sciences
- Pasifika students studying Health Sciences
- NZ secondary school students
Forensic Biology summer school course
- FORB201 Forensic Biology course description
- Contact details for Dr Angela Clark, FORB201 Coordinator