Applications for the DClinDent open on 1 April and close on 31 May of the year prior to study. When applications open, a link to apply will appear on the DClinDent regulations page.
Take your career to the next level with a DClinDent from Otago
Gain specialist knowledge and skills in one of nine fields from Endodontics to Special Needs Dentistry. Learn from leading teachers at our brand-new, world-leading facility – unquestionably New Zealand's national centre for dentistry.
The University of Otago Faculty of Dentistry is ranked 41st-best dental school in the world (2022 QS World University Subject Rankings).
The Faculty of Dentistry offers both world-class cutting-edge research and facilities.
Our new Clinical Services Building, opened in 2019, houses patient-focused activities for undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in dentistry, oral health and dental technology.
Our original building, the Walsh Building, was officially re-opened in April 2021 after extensive refurbishment. It houses the Sir John Walsh Research Institute, the Simulation Clinic, seminar spaces, and offices for staff and postgraduate students.
For students, the new Clinical Services Building's key advantages include:
- Modern dental chairs and equipment that is widespread in the workplace
- The most common electronic patient records software in the Australasian health sector – many private practices use a similar version
- Facilities that help teaching keep up with digital developments in dentistry
- Larger spaces for teaching students simultaneously – in an operating theatre, three surgical procedure rooms and areas for viewing scans and radiographs
- A new Student Commons (social area)
Are international students eligible to apply?
Yes. International students are encouraged to apply (except for Oral and Maxillofacial and Oral Medicine which is restricted to New Zealand residents and University of Otago graduates).
The University of Otago International Office can help you with any queries you may have regarding the application process, scholarship information and eligibility criteria for postgraduate studies.