Support Services Review
A review of administrative and operational processes to ensure excellence in research and teaching at Otago.
Academic Dates for 2016
Teaching & Learning Principles/Policies
The University of Otago Teaching and Learning Plan (2013-2020)
The University of Otago Graduate Profile
This plan includes an updated Otago Graduate Profile, guiding principles for teaching and learning, and four goals with associated strategies. Familiarity with this document is essential for teachers at Otago. Two documents underpin this Plan: Guidelines for Learning at Otago (for students) and Guidelines for Teaching at Otago (for staff). The Guidelines documents should be read in conjunction with this Teaching and Learning Plan.
- Teaching and Learning Plan (PDF, 152KB)
- Graduate Profiles for University of Otago Postgraduate Research Degrees
Guidelines for Teaching at Otago
This guide is for all staff involved in teaching at Otago. The practical guide provides you with advice on the principles and indicators of quality teaching, how to enact the goals in the Teaching and Learning Plan, how to teach towards the Otago Graduate Profile, and sources of support available to help you with your teaching.
- Guidelines for Teaching at Otago (PDF, 307KB)
The University gives annual awards for excellence in teaching. See link for more:
Support services available to staff:
- Training and Development Programmes
- HEDC Workshops and Professional Development
- Support for New Academics
- Use of Technology in Teaching & Learning
- Evaluation of Teaching and Courses
- Research into Teaching & Learning
University-level committees promoting innovation in teaching & learning.