How will you stand out as a graduate?
Are you an undergraduate business student with good grades?
Do you have at least one year of study left to complete following this year?
Would you like to increase your future career opportunities by working with a successful business in New Zealand next year?
An Otago Business School paid internship will:
- Prepare you for work through real-life experience
- Give you the chance to apply knowledge you have learnt
- Increase your confidence and grow your communication skills in a business setting.
- Expose you to great networking opportunities – the foundation of your future job search.
- Enable you to earn 18 points towards your degree.
Email email@example.com to register your interest.
Student internship experiences
"It will give you invaluable and practical skills that will hand you a huge advantage when applying to jobs in the future."
"Being able to pick up new skills and test myself in the workplace environment has been invaluable."
"I was given real responsibility and trusted with real projects ..."
"A friend did an internship and I saw first-hand the opportunities that opened up for them."
"I felt I had a lot of options and I had no trouble securing a marketing role."
"t was an invaluable experience and is now such a drawcard on my CV."
Downloads for prospective students
See what students are saying about the Otago Business School’s unique and exclusive Internship Programme.
"I spent the year out of University, working with a Marketing firm full-time for the whole year. I learnt a lot about myself, how a business runs and also about what you get up to when you work in Marketing … take the opportunity, I really recommend it.”
What's involved with the Internship Programme?
Our programme is unique in New Zealand. It is designed to give Otago students who’ve completed their second year of study towards their BCom and are averaging a ‘B’ or better academic grade, valuable and meaningful first hand workplace experience.
As an intern you will be involved in real business activities - you are not a "broom boy" or "tea lady", and you won't be running mindless errands. Our interns genuinely add value to businesses they work for.
How do you benefit?
- Enhance your CV, interview and networking skills, and meet businesses through our “Employability Programme” before starting your internship
- Opportunities to apply for positions advertised through the Otago Business School Internship Office
- Full-time paid employment for six months to one year
- Complete 1 x 18-point academic distance learning paper (BSNS 301) that counts towards your degree
- Valuable experience to add to your CV and business mentors to provide advice and support
- Real-world experience and examples to bring to potential job interviews - making you stand out above other applicants
- Many interns are offered full-time employment once they complete their degree
- At the end of your internship you return to the University of Otago to complete the final year of your BCom degree.