A summer programme for future health researchers
The University of Otago, Christchurch's Future Health Researcher programme provides an opportunity for undergraduate students to explore potential career options in health research over the summer period.
Over eight or ten weeks, our future health researchers are immersed in a research environment with a clinical, biomedical, or public health focus to learn the role, influence and impact of health research on the heath workforce, initiatives and outcomes in Aotearoa New Zealand.
The Future Health Researcher programme allows students to work side by side with world class researchers and postgraduate students, and includes weekly seminars/workshops, networking opportunities.
The University of Otago, Christchurch is grateful to all sponsors to the 2023 Future Health Researchers programme.
- Age Concern Canterbury
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- Bone Marrow Cancer Trust
- Cancer Society Canterbury Westcoast
- Canterbury Cancer Research Trust
- Canterbury Medical Research Foundation
- Canterbury Orthopaedic Services Trust
- Canterbury Urology Research Trust
- Cure Kids
- Diabetes Research Institute Trust
- Eating Disorders Genetics Initiative
- Freemasons NZ
- Jim and Mary Carney Charitable Trust
- Pegasus Health Charitable Ltd
- Research for Children Aotearoa
- Ruth Spearing Trust
- Ryman Healthcare
- Te Hā – Waitaha
- Te Niwha