Carve your own path with postgraduate study at Otago
Enrol in one of our PhD, doctoral or research masters’ programmes and benefit from a wealth of academic and social support. We help you achieve excellence. Complete your study quickly, and successfully, so that you can move on to an exciting career in your field of expertise.
Otago is a great place to be a postgrad! Study in the heart of New Zealand’s education capital, Dunedin, and benefit from the expertise of dedicated staff and world-class researchers. Here are just some reasons why the University of Otago is the right choice for your postgraduate research degree:
- Otago is New Zealand’s leading postgraduate research university
- Otago welcomes international PhD candidates – you will only pay domestic fees!
- Otago boasts some of the highest completion rates and times in the world – an average 82% of all our PhD candidates complete within four years
- Dunedin, our main campus where all disciplines are supervised, is a great place to be postgraduate student. Otago’s campus is beautiful and historic, with everything within walking distance – and a friendly, welcoming atmosphere
- Otago also offers the option of Christchurch and Wellington campuses which focus on health science disciplines
- Otago has a wealth of research expertise and groups you can benefit from