The study of human nutrition covers all the areas that have an impact on health as influenced by food. It involves:
- knowledge of food and food products as sources of nutrients
- nutrition for health throughout life
- international nutrition - developing countries
- food as a fuel sports performance
- nutrition for treating and preventing disease
- nutrient requirements
- the digestion and absorption of food and the metabolism of nutrients
Nutrition as an Undergraduate
The three specific Undergraduate Degrees you can enrol in include:
- BSc Majoring in Human Nutrition
- BAppSc Sport and Exercise Nutrition
- BBiomedSc Nutrition and Metabolism in Human Health
Nutrition as a Postgraduate
As a Postgraduate Student there are a number of options to choose from that focus in Human Nutrition. These range from a Diploma for Graduates through to a Doctor of Philosophy.
We offer distance-learning opportunities for New Zealand-resident professionals in the healthcare and education sectors without a background in human nutrition, but with a strong background in biological or health sciences.