Ready to apply?
General admissions information
The Otago MBA's rolling admissions process means applications are considered as they are received.
Please submit your application early. Class sizes are limited and applications for each cohort close when seats are filled.
The Otago MBA application process is rigorous. It includes completing the application form, an entrance test and an interview via video conference where you will be asked to do a presentation on a recent news item. You will be notified of the result within one week of completing the interview.
The application process and entry requirements are the same for both the Online and On-campus intakes of the Otago MBA programme.
- Online – April 2024
- On Campus – Full-time: March 2024, Part-time: Flexible
IMPORTANT: The application deadline is 6 weeks prior to the first class for that intake.
- An undergraduate degree (or equivalent or an acceptable level of management experience)
- A minimum of 3 years' professional / management experience
- A 550+ GMAT score or a 'pass' in the Otago MBA Admissions Test
- An IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent (if English is not your first language)
The Otago MBA minimum entry requirements are the same for both online and on-campus.
How to apply
- Step: 1 – Online Application Form
Complete the application form including an upload of your most recent CV/Resume. The Otago MBA has a rolling admissions process, accepting and assessing application as they are received.
- Step: 2 – Entrance Test
The Otago MBA Admissions Test (OAT) is a written test case study analysis which is completed by video conference. Our office will guide you through this process once your fully completed application form has been received and assessed. Alternatively you can provide a GMAT test result with score of 550 or higher.
- Step: 3 – Interview
You will be interviewed by the Otago MBA Admissions Manager via video conference. As part of the interview, you will be required to provide a short verbal presentation on a business or news topic of your choice.
- Step: 4 – MBA Admission – Final Decision
A decision will be made on your application within one week of the interview. You will need to start preparing your supporting documentations for your final University admissions application.
- Step: 5 – University Admission – Final Offer of Place
You will need to complete your University Admissions application via our eVision system. You will be required to upload certified copies of any previous academic transcripts and identification documents such as your passport biopage.
- University of Otago admission process for domestic students
- University of Otago admission process for international students