Ready to apply?
Looking for a top MBA but perhaps other commitments are preventing you from studying full-time or being on-campus?
The University of Otago offers its MBA online. Via Zoom, you are able to attend live weekly lectures, share interactive discussions with your classmates and join in break-out sessions.
Live classes are held in the evenings twice a week, and you would be expected to attend all classes. Classes are also recorded for revision purposes. View the video below to find out what the students and lecturers say about the Otago Online MBA.
Quality MBA programme
The only differences between our online and on-campus programmes are the delivery mechanism and timeframe. You will study exactly the same curriculum as the on-campus students, submit the same assignments and sit similar examinations. Entry requirements are the same for all our MBA programmes.
The online programme is designed to be part-time and will take two-and-a-half years to complete instead of the on-campus 15 months.
Structure of the Otago Online MBA
The thirty-month curriculum comprises 2 phases:
- In Phase 1, students take 12 core papers over about 2.5 years. Pre-lecture reading, lectures and examinations for each subject take place over 8 weeks, with a week break between subjects. The total credits for phase one are 180 (each paper is worth 15 credits).
- Phase 2 requires a further 60 credits. Students undertake a professional consulting engagement or international exchange or a combination of these up to 60 points. For example, students could spend two weeks on exchange in Austria or in Thailand and gain 15 credits, followed by a 45 point professional consulting engagement.
What you need to attend the class
To participate in the online classes, you will need the following:
- Access to broadband Internet
- A computer
- Good headphone and microphone set (supplied by the Otago MBA)
- Somewhere you can set yourself up comfortably
Fees for the online programme can be paid on a pay-as-you go basis, paper by paper. New Zealanders can normally get domestic fees and access to a Studylink loan.