The OERC creates opportunities for high-impact and internationally recognised energy-related research via an interdisciplinary network of University of Otago researchers and their external collaborators.
We are one of the research themes and centres contributing to Sustainability Research at Otago
Visit the sustainability research groups website.
Guided by a diverse steering group we:
- Organise monthly seminars and an annual energy symposium
- Bring in eminent speakers at the forefront of energy transition research
- Actively support and encourage energy research at Otago
28–29 November, Room 1.17, Otago Business School, University of Otago, Dunedin.
Achieving Net Zero by 2050 will require a rapid transition to a decarbonised energy system and will affect every aspect of society. This monumental systemic change presents significant challenges across a range of different areas. This symposium brings together diverse perspectives on these challenges (and possible opportunities) and we welcome contributions from across the energy research community.
As part of the symposium there will be two focused sessions:
- Energy wellbeing (day one)
- Energy storage and demand flexibility (day two)