Opportunities exist in our internationally recognised research programmes in the areas of Cardiovascular & Respiratory Physiology, Cellular & Molecular Neuroscience, and Membrane & Ion Transport.
Applications to undertake a PhD in Physiology are welcome at any time. Candidates can be of any nationality and must have attained an excellent degree (minimum of four years' study) in biomedical science or a closely-related subject.
Applicants must apply to the Department of Physiology as follows:
- Refer to the available projects listed in our research opportunities database and contact the supervisor(s) whose project(s) interest you the most. In your email, include the following:
- Your name and country of citizenship
- Your CV
- Certified academic transcript (and, if applicable, an explanation of the content)
- Certified evidence of English language proficiency (eg IELTS or TOEFL results)
- The names of two referees
- If your application is to be considered, the supervisor will contact you to discuss the next steps, and our Departmental Administrator will check that your documents are complete.