The HR Services team provide a suite of University-wide services, with priorities being:
- Supporting a positive start for new fixed-term and permanent appointees, including an accurate offer of employment, tailored relocation and settlement support, and an informative personalised onboarding experience
- Administering a wide variety of employment, leave, policy, and contract entitlements, changes, and scenarios
- Ensuring compliance with legislation such as the Wages Protection Act, Parental Leave and Employment Protection Act, Holidays Act, Vulnerable Children Act, Employment Relations Act, Immigration Act
- Ensuring that all current fixed term, permanent, and casual staff are paid correctly and on-time each year, across many different employment agreements, and various third-party deductions are administered
- Providing guidance, advice and support on our areas of expertise, including the use of various HR Systems
- Acting as custodians of personal and structure data to support processes, legislative compliance, people related activities, and strategy
HR Services are structured across two main areas that work closely together – HR Administration and Payroll. Co-located in Dunedin, a number of the team support dedicated client areas.
A vital aspect of enabling HR Services to achieve their priorities is the connection with the HR Division, particularly the Divisional HR managers and advisers, Recruitment team, and the Promotions and Remuneration team. It is a partnership model that works well.
Useful information regarding many HR processes and policy can be found in the HR Toolkit, and via AskOtago.