Vienna University of Economics and Business (WU) is located in Vienna, one of the safest and most beautiful cities in Europe. The city is rich in tradition and influenced by a variety of cultures, which is reflected in art, music, food, and architecture. In 1898, the Imperial Export Academy was founded, which became WU (Vienna University of Economics and Business) in 1975. Originally, a unique institution of higher education focused on a comprehensive education in international trade, today's WU plays a major role in the fields of economics and business. With around 24,000 students, WU is one of the largest of its kind in Europe.
Vienna is both one of Austria's nine federal provinces and the national capital. With 1.8 million people living in the 23 districts of the city and about 2.5 million people living in the greater metropolitan area, Vienna is the biggest city in Austria. Its geographical location in the center of Europe makes it an important hub for international organizations and companies, including UNO, OSCE, OPEC, and the CEE headquarters of Coca-Cola and Henkel. It is also an ideal starting point for traveling to other European cities, such as Paris, Rome, or Prague.
- The winter semester (October–January) course list is available at the end of June or at the beginning of July; the course list for the summer semester (March–June) is published in late December or January. Find the academic calendar as well as dates and deadlines.
- For orientation purposes, you can view the courses that were offered in previous semesters, but please note that not all courses are offered every semester. You will be able to check the availability of courses prior to registration.
- Course numbers have a purely administrative purpose and change every semester.
- Study Abroad and Exchange website
Important Academic information
- Semester dates
- Accommodation information
- Estimated cost of living
- Information on student visas and insurance for students going on exchange
- 2022 S2 BA LLB BCom FINC JB (PDF)
- 2019 S1 BCom FINC TOUR FX (PDF)
- 2019 S1 BCom ACCT ECON MK (PDF)
- 2019 S1BCom FINC TS (PDF)
- 2019 May MBA Innovation Programme PS (PDF)
- 2018 S2 BCom ECON SR (PDF)
For further information about Otago Global Student Exchange, please contact an Exchange Adviser.