Accountancy and Finance at Otago conducts leading edge research that benefits today’s global community
Our research is not only outstanding – but also relevant to today’s world. We focus on current issues from the world of commerce, and the results directly benefit the communities we serve. This research also forms the basis of our world-class teaching.
The research interests of the staff in the Department span the broad areas of:
- Portfolio theory and investments
- Corporate financial management
- Financial accounting
- Management accounting
Expertise in the Department
Our expertise covers a wide range of areas, from the worlds of both accountancy and finance.
Staff, student and visitor research
The Department of Accountancy and Finance is research active.
Events and programmes hosted by the Department include:
- Seminar series: regular seminars on current topics hosted within the Department
- Working Paper series: seminars showcasing ‘work in progress’
- Postgraduate research : research undertaken by students as part of our programmes
- Visitors to the Department: national and international experts share their knowledge with us
Research is a significant part of the work of academic staff. A close supervisory relationship is maintained with the research activities of our postgraduate students.
Accounting and Finance postgraduate students have the opportunity to integrate their research with the work of staff.