In December 2019, the
- Authentic and situated within the learner’s own teaching context
- Activity-based (rather than content-driven)
There are 6 topics:
- What is
- Interprofessional competencies
- Planning an
- Administration, coordination, and technology
- Facilitating an
- Preparing your clinical workplace.
The topics can be worked through in any order, although educators new to
- Access the module
- Look for and select the
- Create an x.Otago account by signing in – item 1
- Sign in using your Otago login details, or your Gmail/LinkedIn login details
- You will be directed back to fill in the required short form – item 2
- Fill out the details and submit
- Once your enrolment form has been submitted, you should have access to the site within an hour or so
- You can then view the
CEPand its component modules.
We encourage anyone interested to take a look, and welcome your feedback and contributions.
For comments or questions about the content of the
- How to join any
- To add your name to our distribution list advising of webinar events, please email email@example.com
Screenshot of the IPE Centre Webinar, May 2020.
- Webinar 6: INTERact - Embedding IPE in student clinical placements I 15 September 2020 I Topic and presenter details
- Webinar 5: Turanga Health in Covid19 Alert Level 4: Keeping it connected - keeping it real in Turanganui a Kiwa I 26 August 2020 I Topic and presenter details
- Webinar 4: Facilitating
IPE- our new world; online, and offline I 06 May 2020 I Topic and presenter details
- Webinar 3: Give them something to do! The role of the anatomy lab in interprofessional education I 20 November 2019 I Topic and presenter details
- Webinar 2: Tu mahi – the Turanga way I O1 August 2019 I Topic and presenter details
- Webinar 1: Discharge planning: an interprofessional approach I 08 May 2019 I Topic and presenter details
The first step to joining a webinar is to register in advance – the process is quick and easy, and sets you up for easy access on the day of the webinar. We request that you please pre-register for your own convenience and ours.
You will be directed to a Webinar Registration form: please enter brief required information, and submit (in under 2 minutes).
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar, as well as a Calendar item for your convenience. This email contains a webinar link unique to you, as well as a password*.
*IMPORTANT: please keep your webinar link and password in a safe place so you can use them on the day of the webinar – e.g. pin the email to your electronic Calendar, or print and pin it to your desk diary*.
You can cancel your registration at any time.
Once registered, to view and hear a webinar from your PC, Mac, iPad or mobile device, please connect as follows:
On the day of the webinar, about 10 minutes before it is due to start, please go to the unique link and password provided to you (see Step 3).
You may like to test the setup in advance (e.g. the week/day before), to be sure you can connect from your location / from behind any firewall. You will need your unique link and password (see Step 3).
You will find yourself in a webinar waiting room, and you will be admitted to the webinar by eConferencing, once the broadcast begins.
You will then see the webinar layout, which will include 2 "Pods". One will show the powerpoint slides, one will show the video of the presenter. You will also be able to type in a message or question by using the Chat button on your Zoom ribbon.
Note: The webinar is run in watch-only mode: i.e. other people in the webinar audience will not be able to see or hear you.
Other options for joining
- +6448860026,,589469972# or
For higher quality, dial a number based on your current location.
- +1 669 219 2599 or
- +1 669 900 6833 or
- +1 213 338 8477 or
- +1 720 928 9299 or
- +1 971 247 1195 or
- +1 253 215 8782 or
- +1 346 248 7799 or
- +1 602 753 0140 or
- +1 470 381 2552 or
- +1 646 518 9805 or
- +1 646 876 9923 or
- +1 651 372 8299 or
- +1 786 635 1003 or
- +1 267 831 0333 or
- +1 301 715 8592 or
- +1 312 626 6799 or
- +1 470 250 9358
- +44 208 080 6592 or
- +44 330 088 5830 or
- +44 131 460 1196 or
- +44 203 481 5237 or
- +44 203 481 5240 or
- +44 208 080 6591
Webinar ID: 589 469 972
International numbers available: https://otago.zoom.us/u/aelcHe9TxZ
An H.323/SIP room system:
10.33.6.88 or 10.33.6.90 Meeting ID: 589 469 972
SIP: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
If you have any technical issues that we are unable to respond to via the system, contact:
You may also find it helpful to view Zoom help:
Zoom help blog
Subject to agreement by the presenter, we will keep a recording of each webinar and these will be posted on our website.
- A Curriculum and Quality Framework for Interprofessional Education at Otago: Strategic Plan 2020-2024 (Full Report) (PDF)
- A Curriculum and Quality Framework for Interprofessional Education at Otago: Strategic Plan 2020-2024 (Statement of Recommendations), as ratified 24.03.20 (PDF)
IPECentre Annual Evaluation Report 2019 (PDF) IPECentre Annual Evaluation Report 2018 (PDF) IPECentre Annual Evaluation Report 2017 (PDF) IPEAnnual Evaluation 2016 (PDF)
Step 1: Click on 'Staff'
Step 2: Click on 'Request Questionnaire'
Step 3: Enter your University of Otago login details at the prompt
Step 4: Click on 'Start New Blank Request'
Step 5: Scroll down and click on 'Health Science'
Step 6: Scroll down and click on 'Interprofessional Education'
The following are links to webpages that we think are useful in providing more information on
- The Centre For The Advancement Of Interprofessional Education (UK)
- The Canadian Interprofessional Health Collaborative
- National Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education (Minnesota, US)
- The Australasian Interprofessional Practice and Education Network (AIPPEN)