The role of the Events Hub is to provide a single university-wide event management service.
We provide a range of services throughout the event process, from initial conceptualisation and feasibility through to on-the-day support and post-event evaluation.
Please note that external events are not managed by the Events team.
The Events Hub provides support ranging from end-to-end event co-ordination for significant events, through to the provision of info and resources for staff organising their own small events.
End-to-end co-ordination includes:
- Initial conceptualisation and feasibility
- Event planning, budgeting, and stakeholder engagement
- Logistics such as travel, venue and catering, equipment and entertainment, invitations and registrations, and collaboration with Marketing and Communications teams
- Running of the event from set-up to troubleshooting and pack-down
- Evaluation, debrief, and recommendations for future events
Small event support includes:
- Providing advice and guidance
- Access to a range of templates and tools
- Equipment hire
Further information and resources to help with events organisation can be found on the Events Hub OURDrive page.
For staff organising significant events, or who would like support, please contact your Divisional Marketing Adviser in the first instance, or the Events Hub service.
The Events Hub’s primary focus is on University-owned events. The Events Hub does not provide services for external events held on-campus. A toolkit has been designed to assist you to plan your event at the Dunedin campus.
To request event support
Paula de Roeper
Wellington Medical and Health Sciences Library
University of Otago
PO Box 56