Te Whare Tāwharau is a sexual violence support and prevention centre
We are a place of shelter to reduce the impact of sexual violence within our campus communities
The Centre is one unified space that provides sexual violence related support within the campus community. We support students who are dealing with incidents of sexual violence that are recent or historical.
Our kaupapa – we are:
- Survivor led – we empower your choices
- A safe place for everyone
- Trained in crisis intervention and safety planning
- Advocates providing information and guidance for navigating supports systems, on and off campus
- Knowledgeable about policies and reporting options, on or off campus
- Connected to community resources
- Available to support your visits to Student Health Services, Dunedin Police or the Proctor.
Contact us to make an appointment or come along during our walk-in hours (no appointment necessary).
During the current coronavirus COVID-19 situation, Te Whare Tāwharau offers the following options for support, with Tarn Felton, TWT Manager: