Tuesday, 16 September 2014
We advance research and increase knowledge for the improvement of oral health in New Zealand.
Our research programmes
Our research programmes cover the spectrum of oral health research, from the molecular level through biological systems to the health of populations.
- Biomechanics and Oral Implantology: Understanding the forces in the mouth
- Clinical Research: Fostering research to improve patient care
- Dental Education Research: Understanding how students learn and fostering best practice
- Dental Epidemiology and Public Health: Population and dental health services research
- Molecular Microbiology: Preventing diseases caused by microorganisms
- Oral Molecular and Immunopathology: Understanding diseases in order to improve diagnosis and treatment
Our research objectives include developing clinical research that translates discoveries into measurable health improvements and to maintain fundamental research that underpins our teaching.