Friday, 17 June 2016
We advance research and increase knowledge for the improvement of oral health in New Zealand.
Our research programmes
From the molecular level through biological systems to the health of populations, our research is improving oral health in New Zealand.
- Biomechanics and oral implantology
- Clinical research
- Craniofacial biology and clinical oral physiology
- Dental education research
- Dental epidemiology and public health
- Molecular microbiology
- Oral molecular and immunopathology
The SJWRI is the research arm of the Faculty of Dentistry, University of Otago, rated as the leading dental school in Australasia and one of the best in the world (QS World University Rankings by Subject, 2015 and 2016)
- To develop clinical research that translates discoveries into measurable health benefits
- To maintain fundamental research that underpins our teaching
SJWRI Research Highlights 2013-2014 (PDF, 3.3 Mb)