Regular physical activity is great for your health and wellbeing. It's an awesome way to increase your energy and improve your mood.
Don't over think it, every movement counts. Remember, exercise doesn't have to be hard, you don't need a tonne of time, and it's easy to keep costs to a minimum.
It's as easy as leaving your flat and going for a walk around some local parks. Grab a flatmate and pass a ball. The main thing is to find something that you enjoy and you can do often. Exercise doesn't have to be by yourself, join a group or club, get your flatmates together. Motivate each other.
You should know
- Unipol and the Central Library are open 112 hours per week
- Walk around the library, refill your drink bottle using all of the fountains
- Myocardial infarction should be the name of your social netball team
- You don't see many joggers smiling, kick a footy at the North Ground
- Fitness is your defence against Health Science
- Hills are your friends…so are deep knee bends
- Dunedin is perfect for physical activity, there's nowhere to park your car
- Ice cream cones are only $2.50, walk to the Rob Roy dairy with your mates. It's all about balance
- Homer wants a monorail, Kiwis prefer the trails
- You don't need a Fit Bit to walk to lectures