Clinical pharmacy is the area of pharmacy concerned with patient care and the optimisation of medicine use in order to promote health and wellness, and prevent disease. Research in this area includes biopharmaceutical, pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic strategies to optimise drug therapy in patients; consideration of adverse or toxic events to minimise harm; the study of special populations; and optimal use of medicines.
This research strength includes the pharmacometric discipline that provides the quantitative basis for understanding the time course of drug effects. This research area is supported by high performance computing.
Clinical pharmacy researchers
- Associate Professor Hesham Al-Sallami
- Dr Mudassir Anwar
- Professor Stephen Duffull
- Dr Susan Heydon
- Dr Lisa Kremer
- Professor Carlo Marra
- Associate Professor Ailsa McGregor
- Professor Natalie Medlicott
- Professor Bruce Russell
- Associate Professor Alesha Smith
- Associate Professor Dan Wright