Mailroom terms and conditions
By using the services provided by the University of Otago Mailroom you accept the following terms and conditions:
- You must notify the University Mailroom of any damage to goods within seven (7) days of delivery.
- You must notify the University Mailroom of non-delivery of goods within fourteen (14) days following lodgement of domestic delivery or ten (10) days after the expected delivery time for international delivery.
- For goods valued at over NZD$2,000 the sender must arrange adequate insurance and select “courier and signature” delivery option.
- If you receive compensation from the University for a lost item and the item subsequently turns up, the item becomes the property of the University until the compensation is fully refunded.
- The University is not liable for any claims:
- received outside of the timeframes listed above
- due to inadequately packaged goods
- due to incorrectly addressed items
- arising from goods being sent by an unsuitable delivery method
- relating to damage occurring after delivery
- in respect of prohibited goods
- over NZD$2,000 total.
For further information, contact:
A how-to guide to the Mailroom's services. This PDF is updated frequently so we recommend bookmarking it rather than downloading it.
Departments: Lodge parcels with the Mailroom. To register to use this service please contact us.
Students: Receive an estimation of the cost to send your belongings home.
Enquire about or make a claim for goods that have not arrived, or have arrived damaged.
Frequently asked questions.
Location map and contact details.