Monday, 14 May 2018
We advance research and increase knowledge for the improvement of oral health in New Zealand.
Our research programmes
From the molecular level through biological systems to the health of populations, our research is improving oral health in New Zealand.
- Biomechanics and oral implantology
- Clinical and translational research
- Craniofacial research
- Dental education research
- Dental epidemiology and public health
- Molecular microbiology
- Oral molecular and immunopathology
The SJWRI is the research arm of the Faculty of Dentistry, University of Otago, rated as one of the leading dental schools in the world by the QS World University Rankings By Subject Area.
- To develop clinical research that translates discoveries into measurable health benefits
- To maintain fundamental research that underpins our teaching
- To undertake research in order to improve the education of oral health professionals
SJWRI Research Highlights 2015-2016 (PDF, 3.7 Mb)