The University of Otago's Tourism research is recognised as high-quality and theoretically informed, both in New Zealand and internationally.
Our research addresses the most critical issues of our times. It builds global consciousness through critical engagement with people and places.
The Department is focused on 'envisaging a better world through Tourism'. The key pillars of both its teaching and research are:
Centre for Recreation Research
More about Tourism research at Otago
Research publications, projects, current research, research expertise
For more details on the Department of Tourism's research publications, projects, current research, research expertise and upcoming departmental seminars, please visit the following pages:
- Current research projects by staff within the Department of Tourism.
- Current MCom in Tourism research by students undertaking a Masters of Commerce in Tourism.
- Current PhD in Tourism research by students undertaking a PhD in Tourism.
- Tourism's Staff Profiles, for details on Departmental staff expertise and research interests.
- Department Seminar Series, for a schedule of upcoming departmental seminars given by Department of Tourism staff, presenters from other faculties and visiting scholars from other universities.