When you accept a place in a University Flat, you undertake a contract to pay for the full term of this residence. There is no reduction in fees if residents are absent from their flat during any of the period of residence.
Students should be aware of their obligations regarding the timely payment of fees. It is expected that residents will either make a lump sum or weekly payments depending on the payment plan they select when they accept the offer.
Students can pay via:
Otago Te Puna Accommodation Portal payments (strongly recommended)
- Log in to Te Puna student accommodation portal
- Click "Accounts"
- Select either NZ bank account A2A payments (no surcharge) or NZ/International credit cards (surcharge applies)
Internet banking or telegraphic transfer
- ANZ Bank New Zealand Limited
- Bank branch
- ANZ Auckland (Queen and Victoria Streets) Branch
- Bank address
- Corner Queen and Victoria Streets, PO Box 62,
University of Otago Main Account: 01 1839 0944124 00
SWIFT code: ANZBNZ22
Reference details must include the word “UniFlats”, Student ID number and Student's Last Name.
EFTPOS at the University Flats office
- NZ debit cards (no surcharge)
- NZ or International credit cards (surcharge applies)
Accommodation payments for international students can be made using the same process as international tuition fee payments or by internet banking or Telegraphic Transfer to the University of Otago bank account above.
It is important that the remitting bank quote the full name of the student so that the incoming accommodation payment can be identified. A copy of the telegraphic transfer provided by the remitting bank should be retained and brought to Dunedin.
Is there a Bond?
No, there is no bond.
Is there a Deposit?
No, there is no deposit.
However, a NZ$200.00 placement fee and NZ$200 activities fee are required and this must be paid when you accept your offer. The placement and activities fee is non-refundable. Failure to make these entry payments may result in your original accommodation offer being cancelled.
If you have accepted your formal offer of accommodation you must communicate directly with the Warden, University Flats, should you decide that you will in fact not be studying at Otago or no longer wish to take up the accommodation offer.
If your home or sending institution pays your accommodation costs directly to the University Flats, you will not be required to pay rent.
The following Universities / sending institutions currently pay accommodation costs on behalf of their students:
- Alma College
- Arcadia University
- Academic Programs International (API)
- Brethren College Abroad (BCA)
- Butler (IFSA)
- Colgate University
- Cornell University
- Dickinson College
- Emory and Henry College
- Gordon College
- ISA (International Studies Abroad)
- Lake Forest College
- Missouri Southern State University
- Montana State University
- Performing Arts Abroad (PAA)
- Roger Williams University
- Smith's College
- Study Abroad Foundation
- St. Lawrence University
- St. Norbert College
- St. Olaf College
- Swarthmore College
- TEAN (The Education Abroad Network)
- Università di Bologna
- University of Denver
- University of Scranton
- Universidad Juarez del Estado de Durango
- Whitman College