All University of Otago scholarships are listed on the Otago University Scholarships webpage.
Undergraduate prizes are awarded to exceptional students in particular areas of study. This is a way for us to celebrate students that excel. The prizes are awarded based on grades and do not need to be applied for.
- Brenda Bell Memorial Prize in Consumer Food Science (300 level Consumer Food Science)
- J Cowie Nichols Prize in Food Science (300 level Food Science)
- New Zealand Institute of Food Science and Technology Prize in Food Science (200 level Food Science)
- New Zealand Institute of Food Science and Technology Prize in Consumer Food Science (200 level Consumer Food Science)
- Annie Aitken Memorial Prize (Highest attainment in Honours (400) level in HSc/CApSc disciplines)
- John and Margaret Kinder Memorial Prize (All HSc/CApSc disciplines)
- Bee Nilson Scholarships in Human Nutrition and Food Science
- Brenda Shore Award for Women
- Elizabeth Gregory Studentships and Bursary
- Alliance Group Postgraduate Scholarship
- University of Otago Doctoral Scholarships
- University of Otago Research Master's Scholarship
- University of Otago International Research Master's Scholarship
Stephanie Rigter, Entomophagy: Understanding Consumers' Discourses towards Eating Insects in New Zealand
Marianna McEwan; Packaging technologist at Frucor Beverages
It was the international quality of staff and facilities at the Department of Food Science that brought Sarah to Otago.
“Dunedin really is a student city, it's a great place to live when you're a student.”
Olivia Glazebrook, Heinz Watties recipient and graduate of the Food Science Department