Preparations are underway for Hands-On at Otago 2019. Applications will open in July!
Following the long-term success of Hands-On Science, Otago is very excited and proud to offer Hands-On at Otago, incorporating not only Sciences and Health Sciences, but also Humanities and Business projects.
The goal of Hands-On at Otago is to demonstrate, in a friendly and interactive environment, some of the activities that researchers are involved in and to encourage talented young New Zealanders to consider further study as a step in their career pathway. We do this by bringing students to New Zealand’s oldest and most attractive university, an institution having an international reputation for excellence in research and teaching.
Here are the basics:
- Hands-On at Otago 2019 is running from the 13th - 18th January 2019
- It is open to students entering Year 12 or 13 in 2019
- It costs $675 for accommodation, meals, tuition and social programme, transport to and from Dunedin Airport or bus terminals.
- You need to cover the cost of getting to and from Dunedin and money for ice creams…
- Entry is competitive: we get heaps of applications for a limited number of places - Write us a really good personal statement!
- There are lots of scholarships available, and you can try getting funding from your local service clubs (Lions, Rotary) or school Board of Trustees. More ideas for funding.