The Departmental Health & Safety Officers (DHSOs) are departmental representatives for health and safety issues and form part of the University of Otago Employee Participation System. Their main functions are:
- To complete hazard identification and maintain the hazard registers for their Department. Any hazard requiring escalation should be reported to their supervisor or HOD.
- To oversee incident reporting for the department including investigations utilising the health and safety IT system.
- To complete the staff induction for new staff with respect to health and safety requirements
The DHSO study day is designed to provide a regular update and professional development for all DHSOs.
2023 DHSO study day:
- Date: Friday, 8 December
- Time: 9:00 am–12:00 pm
- Venue: The Terrace Lounge
- Cost: Free
- Register for the DHSO Study Day