The Health Sciences Division offers a range of Summer Research Scholarships in Dunedin each year.
To be eligible for a tax-free summer scholarship a student must be intending to enrol at a New Zealand or Australian University in the following year. This is to ensure that the University meets its tax and legal requirements. If the student does not return to study in 2020, the University has the right to recover that tax from the student.
Health Sciences Dunedin-based scholarships information
For detailed information on the Health Sciences Dunedin-based Scholarships, please read:
- Information Guidelines and Regulations Handbook (Word 323 KB)
- Important Dates (PDF 45 KB)
- Available Projects – Health Sciences Dunedin-based Summer Research Scholarships
- Health Sciences Staff Expertise Database
Applying for Health Sciences Dunedin-based scholarships
If you wish to apply for a Summer Research Scholarship based in Dunedin, you have the following options:
- Otago Medical Research Foundation (OMRF) Scholarships - for all Health Sciences and Science students for projects related to human health
- School of Biomedical Sciences (BMS) Scholarships and Dunedin School of Medicine (DSM) Scholarships (including BMS Māori and Pacific Peoples' scholarships) - for projects supervised by BMS or DSM staff
- Health Research Council (HRC) Ethics Scholarships
- Other Summer Research Scholarships available in Dunedin
Important note: You can apply for multiple scholarships, but you will be offered only one.