The Christchurch General Practice Research Group focuses on clinical research, where the results can be directly translated into clinical practice.
The two central research themes underpinning this are rational use of medicines and innovative models of primary care.
The research group does not receive funding from pharmaceutical companies. Refer to the Conflict Of Interest Statement.
Stable primary care depression: maintenance vs gradual withdrawal of fluoxetine
- Investigation of the cognitive effects of SSRI; RCT
- Investigation of the pharmacokinetics and pharmacogenetics of SSRI discontinuation
Investigation of the association between antipsychotics and type 2 diabetes development
A study of the dose response association between infant iron status and later cognitive functioning.
- Department of Medicine
- Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Musculoskeletal Medicine
- Pain Management Clinic, CDHB
- Department of Psychological Medicine
- Department of Pathology
- University of Otago, Wellington
- University of Auckland
- Pegasus Health
- University of Canterbury
- Carney Centre for Pharmacogenomics
Professor Dee Mangin, Director