Bioethics Centre staff are available for ethics consultation on a broad range of ethical issues.
The strong academic performance of staff is complemented by their service on regulatory bodies and responsible authorities such as the:
- Advisory Committee on Assisted Reproductive Technologies
- Australia and New Zealand Council for the Care of Animals in Research and Teaching
- Gene Technology Advisory Committee of the Health Research Council
- Health and Disability Ethics Committees
- Health Research Council Ethics Committee
- National Ethics Advisory Committee
- National Screening Advisory Committee
- Professional Conduct Committee of the New Zealand Medical Council
- Professional Conduct Committee of the New Zealand Psychologists Board
- University of Otago Human Ethics Committee (Health and Non-Health)
Some staff are also clinically trained, which informs their work. More information on any staff member can be foundon their staff profile page.
Contact for ethics advice
Those interested in making contact with the Bioethics Centre about ethics advice should in the first instance contact:
Ethics advice on a range of topics
The Bioethics Centre is an excellent national resource for ethics consultation and its staff are available to provide advice on the topics listed below.