Support for Years 9 - 13 Teachers
We provide the following services to give the opportunity for secondary teachers to extend their knowledge, skills, attitudes and values through working in a Teaching as Inquiry methodology.
We will support teachers by:
- Providing professional development in teaching and learning of subject specific learning areas
- Building pedagogical knowledge and practice in the essential learning areas
- Assist teachers to inquire into their practice by using their knowledge, evidence and data
- Evaluating the impact of an inquiry into practice
This will be achieved through workshops, inquiry clusters, face to face and online delivery and webinars that:
- Develop teachers’ knowledge of the New Zealand Curriculum and subject specific content pedagogical knowledge
- Support teachers to plan and deliver engaging and relevant 21st Century programmes of learning
- Support the development of digital fluency
Support for Secondary teaching and learning can be through Learning Areas as indicated under the following headings:
The Arts; English; Health and Physical Education; Mathematics; Sciences; Social Sciences; Technology; Learning languages; Secondary Literacy
Secondary Facilitation Team: Denise Hitchcock, Libby Paterson, Cheryl Pym, Kate Rice, Derek Smith and Stephen Williams.