Here you can download the current pay scales for the following staff groups:
Adult minimum wage
The University of Otago have applied the 1 April 2021 Adult Minimum Wage increase where appropriate.
- Non Medical/Dental scales
- Medical/Dental scales
- School & Early Childhood Support Services scales
- Postdoctoral Fellow scales
These scales apply to staff employed on the General Staff Collective and Individual employment agreements.
- Scale 1, Level 1-8
- Scale 1, Level 1-8 (40 hour week)
- Scale 2, Technical Trainees
- Scale 3, Research Assistants
- Scale 4, Trades Staff
- Scale 5, Student Health Practice Nurses
- Scale 6, Residential Colleges
- Scale 7, Executive Residence Housekeepers
- Scale 8, Clinical Research Nurse/Midwife
- Student Health General Practitioner
- Scale U, University Union
- Management Band 1 & 2 Scale (For staff employed on the General Staff Collective only)
These scales apply to staff employed on the Casual and Student Individual employment agreements.
Casual and Student Academic rates
Casual and Student Professional rates
- Level 1 - 8 scales (Casual and Student)
- Research Assistants scales (Casual and Student)
- Trades Staff scales (Casual and Student)
- University Union (Casual and Student)
This scale applies to Tutors and Demonstrators as per the Tutor and Demonstrator Guidelines.